When every one is asleep. I can think a bit clearer and that’s what I am doing right now. I am thinking about my grandson’s birthday today. He is 11 years old today. He has also had a good day. Now he’s asleep and I can reflect on this day and my grandson in particular:
- He’s still the joy of our lives (my husband and me)
- He thought that when he turned 11 his voice would get deeper
- He thought that it wouldn’t be long before he’d have a beard
- He is always thinking that it is time for him to drive
- He has us all wrapped around his little finger.
- He has learning challenges that we’ve worked on since pre-school
- He has a bravery that many adults don’t have, because he keeps on going
- He’s open to new ideas and plans for this 2016 New Year
- He has set two goals for 2016
- Buy a larger scooter – he is saving his money
- Ride his bike even better this year
If an 11 year old can set goals that are reasonable and doable. So can you. I am waiting to get that book revision, manuscript, collection of poems, memoirs, thesis, dissertation, and short story from you so I can edit it and get it ready for your publisher. Remember, I am here for you.
Meet my grandson Jonathan
His name means Gift of God
It’s the funniest thing that since 2016 has come in I have been thinking of childhood memories. I can’t remember a lot of them, but one of my fondest memories is going to the Eastern Market in Detroit MI. I liked it so much when we went there. All the different farmers who cAme into the city for the weekend to sell their goods. It seemed as if everyone in the world was there with us. No one seemed angry and upset as many do today. Life was simpler then and it was a live and let live time for many people. (SIGH) I love those open markets and street vendors. I hope they never go out of style.
It’s wonderful to have memories that inspire you to smile or even to write. I know that you, too, have memories that will inspire you in this new year. It’s 2016 – accomplish your goal of a literary piece and then send it to me. I’m still here for you.
The new year is upon us. It’s time to set those goals. (Be sure your goals are realistic). It’s time to make your dreams a reality. It’s time to finish that manuscript and send it to me so I can get it ready for the publisher of your choice. It is time to stop making excuses and finish that Thesis or Dissertation to get that degree. This is the year, 2016, to accomplish those goals. Don’t wait for things to be ideal before stepping out on faith. I said it once and I’ll say it again:
- Start that business!
- Get that Degree!
- WRITE THAT BOOK AND SEND IT TO ME!
Remember, I’m here for you. That will never change.